It's about time

So with my recent layoff, I've decided to focus on trying to make my recently acquired hobby into a business. I have an Etsy site now and am going to engage another Etsy shop owner to do my graphics package. I figure I should start off looking like I know what I'm doing. First impressions are vital and there are no do-overs. Basically I need a logo and a banner with some additional graphics for sold items, etc. I think I'll also have a business card and shipping card done. I think I can take the logo and use it on address labels, etc. It will cost a bit at first, but I think it will be worth it. There are a grillion other jewelry shops already out there so I have to carve out an identity that is serious and eyecatching, but also fun and indicative of the quality of my work.

I also got a Flickr page to upload photos to. Now that I have my lightbox I feel like I can do some decent work. So far my experimenting has resulted in some decent pics.

Zebra lampwork bracelet from above


Yeah...not bad. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Comments